Friday, July 15, 2016

Adoption Update

So, we have been quiet the past few months about our adoption due to the busyness of the move to North Carolina. Here is where we are at now:
Our home-study was approved on March 4th. We then had to do an annual update almost two weeks later. That was a fee of $375. Then an additional $150 to get clearances updated.
Today, we met with our new social worker and did another home tour. Which cost $500.
In between then and now we have been matched with a birth mom five times. Each time has been a "no". Or as I would rather put it, "not yet".
It has been rough waiting these past few months. Most days are easier than others, but when those rough days come, they hurt. When people ask me what the waiting is like, I always respond with this: "It's like waking up on your due date. You could have your baby today..but maybe not. That's every day until it actually happens. And that could be as long as 4 years or as short as one day."
If any of you know me, you know I despise talking about money. I don't like asking for donations or fundraising. But I will say that the outpouring of donations for our adoption is the only way we could afford this. When I say every dollar counts, I mean it. Currently we are up to date on all fees, with the exception of two. And that's because of our donations and saving every penny we can.
The next fee is $4,000 which is the matching fee.For when a birth mother selects us. And the final fee is the placement fee. Which is $16,000.
So that leaves us with a remainder of $20,000. Pocket change, right?! Thank you so much to everyone who has been vigilantly praying over us during this process. Also, to those of you who have donated, thank you it means SO much to us.
If you would like to donate, please feel free to click the link below.
paypal.me/gunnarkallstrom



-Brooke 

No comments:

Post a Comment